Shy Baby V
Inscrit le: 08 Avr 2016
|Posté le: 20/06/2017 08:55:17 Sujet du message: Lesson Planning For Middle School Physical Education: Meeti
As a physical education teacher, you are ideally positioned to help students become physically literate individuals—that is, to gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence they need to enjoy a lifetime of healthful physical activity. And Lesson Planning for Middle School Physical Education will empower you to do just that.
Through this text, you can develop and implement lesson plans that will help your students attain the outcomes detailed in SHAPE America’s National Standards & Grade-Level Outcomes for K-12 Physical Education. Lesson Planning for Middle School Physical Education provides lesson plans from experienced middle school physical educators that
• will help middle school students meet SHAPE America’s National Standards and Grade-Level Outcomes;
• provide progressive practice tasks and integrate appropriate physical education assessments to evaluate and monitor student progress;
• make the best use of technology in your physical education classes;
• include handout materials, homework tasks, lists of needed materials and equipment, questions for student understanding, and reflection questions to ask yourself; and
• offer guidance on best instructional practices for involving and engaging all students.
The plans offer instructional strategies and pointers on issues such as teaching for transfer, using grid and small games, differentiating instruction for varying ability levels, and integrating conceptual material. You can use the lessons as they are or modify them to meet your needs. Ultimately, these lessons provide a structure for developing your own learning activities and curriculum.
Lesson Planning for Middle School Physical Education is organized into two parts. Part I addresses important factors in planning for student success, including an introductory chapter that helps you consider the issues that influence student learning and understand the instructional environment and the scope and sequence for K-12 physical education. The other two chapters in this part guide you in planning lessons and modules based on outcomes and on meeting the National Standards and Grade-Level Outcomes. You also learn about the developmental characteristics of middle school students.
Part II supplies lesson plans (arranged in modules of eight lessons each) that are based on the Grade-Level Outcomes, offering you a step-by-step guide for building students’ skills and knowledge in these areas:
• Dance and rhythms
• Invasion games
• Net/wall games
• Fielding and striking and target games
• Outdoor pursuits
• Individual-performance activities
• Physical activity participation outside of school
• Personal fitness and fitness program design
In addition, the book comes with a web resource that includes all of the lesson plans in PDF format for easy printing and for easy access from a tablet or computer.
Lesson Planning for Middle School Physical Education is brought to you by SHAPE America, which created the National Standards and Grade-Level Outcomes for K-12 Physical Education and is the only national professional organization for health and physical educators. Among the book’s editors are two of the principal writers of SHAPE America’s National Standards & Grade-Level Outcomes for K-12 Physical Education. Lesson Planning for Middle School Physical Education brings those standards and outcomes into your classroom as concrete lesson objectives and planning tools.
bound: 784 pages
publisher: Human Kinetics (February 16, 2017)
filesize: 23120 KB